Monday, October 5, 2009

Welcome to Ohio State University.

Parent's weekend. These two words stare me grimly in the face, written on the back of the envelope before me. On an enveloped propped up on my keyboard of my broken computer. To anyone else, these may seem like two simple words, threatening enough in their own right, of course. Everyone knows what the words "parent's weekend" imply, that your parents will be visiting your school for the weekend and that you will have to take them around on a tour, go out to eat with them, go to the most awful and cheesiest school organized events ever. A bit harsh, but something anyone can handle. But to me, these words are loaded. Luckily enough, I dodge the bullet of parent's weekend, once again. With that in mind one may ask, "if he is getting out of parent's weekend, what is all this yammering on about?" Its about the fact that I am going to see Metallica. That weekend, parent's weekend, I am going to see Metallica. Again, you may think "then quit your bitching." The thing that sucks about all this is the call I am going to have to make to say "Mom, you can't come up for parent's weekend because I will be in Cleveland at a Metallica concert." After a year of being reminded how I dropped the ball last year on the parent's weekend, I have once again ruined the oppurtinity for my parent to see this fine university. That means for a whole nother year I will be getting crap about how I failed to bring her up to Columbus for parent's weekend, not only one, but two years in a row. From what I gather, my mom isn't having the greatest of times post move. Surprise surprise. Everyone knew WV was going to suck and some tried to speak up and say it, but she wouldn't listen. This was her big move. Now, shes probably miserable and, God, no, she could never admit that, admit she was wrong. So now I have to call and contribute to the disparity of the whole situation. Ruin probably what was her silver lining to her year.

So, I fucked up, but what can I do? There is no way in hell I can just eat a 60 dollar ticket. Hopefully my mother can be reasonable about that.

Well, that's that. At least, for now. I know this doesn't mean anything to anyone, but I felt like writing it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment